Many of our members are volunteers in their community and we want to support their leadership development.
This professional association wanted to update their existing 90-minute leadership development course so it would have a ‘hook’ to engage their members. The members are leaders in their community and would complete the program voluntarily. They needed the course to be mobile-friendly.
Elearning Course Design
The final course included four short modules integrated with their Learning Management System (LMS) so we could leverage social learning such as chat, and gamification such as levelling up. The course design included these elements:
- Learners completed some initial questions to provide the client with demographic information to support their measurement metrics.
- Learners selected one of three personas. This personalized the learning activities across all of the modules and with the LMS.
- The course ‘hook’ was the backstory of a new member considering volunteering and researching to write an article for a local newspaper. Content was organized according to the article outline and presented as research the character completed – interviews, google searches, online articles, etc.
- We leveraged existing videos and created custom-designed videos.
- Learners were given on-the-job activities according to their persona so they could apply what they learned.
- The elearning courses were fully accessible according to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).